Moving home can be a hectic time. With so much to consider, it’s easy to forget the basics like what you’ll need before, during and after the move. That’s where our handy moving & storage checklist can help to ease the process and make your move that little less hectic!
Here are some things you can tick off your list before you move:
- Sort and de-clutter your home.
- Contact gas, electric, water, internet, phone and TV companies about change of address & contract.
- Inform the bank of your change of address, along with standing orders etc.
- Tell friends and family of the move and new address.
- Organise for mail to be re-directed.
- Empty & defrost freezer and perishable foods.
- Move excess furniture into self storage.
- Arrange for a locksmith after move-in date
- Arrange a box of immediate essentials (toiletries, bed linen, food etc.).
- Hire removal vehicle and transport for moving out and moving in day.
- Purchase packing essentials
Things you’ll need on the days leading up to the move:
- Cardboard boxes
- Packing tape
- Bubble wrap
- Plastic sheeting & dust sheets
- Chair, sofa and mattress protectors
- Permanent markers & stickers
- Spare bags
Store and Secure can assist you during your moving process. As a storage company in Bournemouth, we have flexible, safe storage ideal for acting as a middle point during what can be a stressful time. Furthermore, we also have packaging supplies & removal company connections to ensure your process is as smooth as possible. Get in touch with us via telephone on 01202 520 220 or via our online contact form.